POSITION: Professor, Part time
Please review the Fall Term 2021 COVID-19 Vaccination Policy prior to applying to this position.
WHERE: Seneca College, Seneca@York Campus – Class fully online for Fall 2021
CONTRACT START DATE: November 2021
PROGRAM AREA/LEVEL: Responsible for teaching course(s) in the Illustration Diploma program in the School of Creative Arts and Animation
To instruct a full course (Six hours each week over 7 weeks) in Colour, Design and Type in the Illustration Diploma Program. Up to two sections of the course are available. Practice and expertise in both an online workspace and paint studio is desirable.
- Completed academic credential in the discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum three years experience in teaching at a post-secondary level
- Minimum of five years visual art practice
- Graphic design, typography and colour theory skills
- Traditional painting skills preferably in gouache
- Software skills including Photoshop essential; knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator is an asset.
- An interest in the future directions of illustration and graphic design would be beneficial.
- Responsive, effective and creative teaching skills
- Excellent presentation, communication and human relations skills to interact effectively with the College’s diverse student and staff population.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Illustration Diploma within the School of Creative Arts and Animation at Seneca College is a four semester, two year diploma combines traditional illustrative media, digital media and business skills to give the independent artist the skills necessary to succeed in the rapidly changing world of illustration.
Submit a letter of interest including statement of teaching approach and curriculum vitae:
JoAnn Purcell PhD, AOCA
Professor & Program Coordinator of Illustration
School of Creative Arts and Animation
70 The Pond Road
Toronto, Ontario M3J 3M6
Posting Date: September 27, 2021
Closing Date: Until position is filled
Seneca is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially Indigenous persons, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. View Seneca’s Diversity Policy.
Note: Seneca requires copies of educational credentials at the time of an interview. Confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency will be required upon hire.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.