Job 3: WSPL-2021-007
Status: Full Time, Temporary (6-month Contract)
Date Open: September 28, 2021
Date Closing: October 12, 2021
Scheduled hours/shifts: 35 hours per week
Salary: $30.96 per hour
Latcham Art Centre is seeking a positive, motivated and flexible team member to bring their experience and enthusiasm to the position of Coordinator of Art Education Programs. This position is responsible for the development, execution, and evaluation of Latcham Art Centre (LAC) art education programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists visitors at the LAC reception and contributes to audience development. Works evenings and weekends as scheduled.
- Develops, conducts, promotes and evaluates art education programs for all ages, alone or in collaboration with a team. Creates schedule for art classes and workshops for all ages, community projects and events and studio rentals.
- Responsible for program and class registrations, monitors studio program registration and proposes strategies to increase studio program participation.
- Selects, trains, and supervises instructors for art education programs.
- Trains and supervises summer students and interns regarding art education programs and related procedures.
- Maintain art studio space including maintenance, cleaning, supplies, signage
- Design and develop marketing and other promotional materials for LAC, digital and print
- Assist with all events including fundraising events.
- Assist with maintaining web content and social media posts.
- Maintains statistics as required.
- As regularly scheduled, presides over the immediate effective and efficient operations of the LAC when more senior staff are not on duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree and current Vulnerable Sector Screening
- A minimum of three-years of experience in related work
- Experience in developing, preparing, and conducting programs and events for customers of all ages.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Understands the developmental needs of children, teens, and adults.
- Excellent communication, public relations, problem-solving, and inter-personal skills. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public.
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and to prioritize work assignments.
- Advanced computer hardware, software, and peripheral troubleshooting and support skills.
- Class G Driver’s License in good standing and reliable vehicle to use on library business when required.
- The ability to work flexible hours, including some Saturdays and evenings as part of the Art Centre team.
How to apply
Please forward your resume in confidence by October 12, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. identifying Job # WSPL-2021-007 Last Name, First Name in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please ensure your application is saved in one single document in PDF format.
The Whitchurch-Stouffville Public Library is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.